With advice from the best of the best, these 6 TED Talks can put you in the right mindset to crush that interview!
- Daniel Levitin on how to stay calm: We are prewired for stressful situations by turning to the flight response, which can cloud our thinking. Learn how to anticipate possible stress points and to prepare a calm response.
- Amy Cuddy on body language: Learn how to “power pose” in order to exude confidence even when you are feeling less than adequate.
- Julian Treasure on how to get people to listen: Learn how to speak powerfully so others listen.
- Celeste Headlee on creating an effective conversation: Learn the 10 useful rules for being a better listener and conversationalist.
- Dan Ariely on what makes us love our work: Understand why we need to see progress and a sense of purpose to love our work.
- Regina Hartley on why a resume isn’t the be all: Learn why some people value the “scrapper,” who has grit and a desire to achieve.
The following two tabs change content below.
Anne Macleod Weeks is a graduate of Lawrence and Villanova Universities. She has been an educational administrator and English teacher for 38 years, specializing in the area of college admission. Ms. Weeks has been a leader in the college admission and Advanced Placement arenas and has published on pertinent educational topics in a variety of national papers and journals. She currently resides in Nova Scotia, Canada.